Visit App

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Can SETS undertake an operators licence application or a major variation on my behalf?

A. YES, we certainly can.

Q. Do I need an operators licence?

A. If you wish to operate vehicles in excess of 3500 kgs gross weight then YES you do require an operators licence*.

Q. I only move my own goods, do I need a CPC holder?

A. No, as long as you do not move goods for another business you do not require a CPC holder for a Restricted licence.

Q. Do I require a CPC holder / Transport Manager?

A. If you operate as a transport contractor and charge for transport services then YES.

Q. I have a Standard licence and a National CPC holder and need to start work in Europe, must my TM first pass an International CPC before I can start work?

A. No, you can submit an application to OTC to upgrade your licence to a standard International Licence now and appoint an International CPC holder to be responsible for the International journeys only, depending on the size of your fleet the International CPC holder may be part-time.

Contact us for further details on the services we offer

* Exemptions do apply.

Sign up for the latest news and industry updates
Content Managed by SETSWebsite Design & Hosting by Scaws